Thursday, July 10, 2008

Dan Cullen is selected for Australia

Redbacks spinner Dan Cullen is pleased to be selected in the initial 30-man squad for the ICC Champions Trophy and said he would be working hard to impress selectors before the squad is trimmed to 15.

Cullen was obviously happy to be selected, however the blonde off-spinner is keeping a lid on the selection.

"Anytime you get picked to be in a squad for Australia then it definitely helps with your confidence," he said.

"The only way I'm going to get a contract back for Cricket Australia is playing well for the Redbacks and doing the right things and being a leader there. So that's what I'm concentrating on at the moment."

Cullen said he was working hard with the Redbacks squad to try and impress selectors before they pick the final squad in a little over a month's time.

"You can't really do too much before now and I think August 11 when they do pick it. So obviously train hard with the Redbacks and do the right things," Cullen said.

"I've been working pretty hard so hopefully the things I did last year and what I've been doing so far can hold me in good stead for the season."
BY:-CRICKET AUSTRALIA